Curves and paradoxes
In this report, managers from Newton, Mellon and Siguler Guff 1 explore theories in economics, philosophy and technology and how they relate to the world of investing. With a range of different topics and opinions discussed, their viewpoints open a window onto the potential market and investment implications for the near future.
- Part I: Siguler Guff’s Kevin Kester on the J Curve and the value of creative destruction
- Part II: Mellon’s Jim Lydotes on the Duck Curve and the challenge of storage in renewables
- Part III: Newton’s Raj Shant on the Laffer Curve and whether we’ve reached peak passive
- Part IV: Chief economist Shamik Dhar on Moravec’s Paradox and why robots can’t jump
- Part V: Newton’s Rob Marshall-Lee on the Elephant Curve and what it tells us about income inequality
- Part VI: Newton’s Zoe Kan on the Theseus Paradox and why consistency matters in portfolio management